Pages

Friday, 4 August 2017

Grandchildren update



My not so little grandson Dylan and his sister Ruby have just got back from the seaside. The weather was not always sunny, but they did have a lovely time. Dylan is proving a very protective older brother and takes care of his little sister with so much love, it is a pleasure to see.

Grandson Sammy has just had his fourth birthday. Here he is with his cousin Cora and new puppy Max, chilling out on the sofa.





Our little grand-daughter Maren is one month old already. Larry has worked hard on the rug he has made for her and sent it across the pond for her to roll about on. I hope she likes it. Cute isn't it!



I have been busy with the sewing machine, making little dresses. Here is what I have accomplished so far:





The patterns are from Frocks and Frolics. You can download a pattern yourself. They are not expensive and fun to make. Just click on the following picture:


The safari dress was made up from some lovely cotton fabric I had over from a patchwork quilt I made for Sammy when he was a little baby. I looked everywhere for a hat to go with it, but couldn't find one suitable so in the end I made one myself, but it turned out too small. Never mind, I expect Ruby has lots of hats already.





I love the material on the following dress.  If you look really close you can see little baskets of flowers. I covered the buttons in the same material to match and it is fully lined.


This next one is the Kitty dress and there is a discount on the pattern - 25% until 7th August so be quick and get yours before it is too late!  I made it with an Indian design, but you could make it up however you like. More pictures on my other blog, http://stitching-stars.blogspot.com



I call this one the alphabet dress. I just love this material. The red extras are from a tablecloth I bought in Sainsburys last Christmas.  The tablecloth was much too big so I cut a chunk of it off and have used the remnants for lots of other projects since. The skirt is circular so it will twirl beautifully when she turns around. I can't wait to see her in it.




You can see explanatory videos of how to make these little dresses. Some are on my other blog and lots more on YouTube. Just go to Frocks and Frolics and you can follow along.

I hope you are enjoying your summer. We have been lucky in England because it has been cool but in other parts of Europe it has been excessively hot (and horrid) and bush fires have broken out. Trees are burning as I write this. I do hope they can get things under control soon.

Star

5 comments:

  1. I know these beautiful children fill your hearts....
    It seems like yesterday when we got our first glance at Dylan, and now look, growing into a big brother role, and sharing happy memories.
    Larry has created a beautiful rug, how clever !
    Love those little English patterned dresses, especially the ladybird pattern.
    Cooler days for us this week, it makes life pleasant :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't ever get my comments but I continue to try. Love your precious grands, Star! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable children, every one! And I like their names. I've not heard Maren. Rarely have I heard Ruby. Cora is great. It was my grandmother's first name, but she went by her middle name. Somewhere recently I read an article about English children's names changing, and not so many of the old ones still used. I think they meant like Nigel, Rupert, etc. Have you noticed this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All adorable! And I love the rug and the little dresses. I'll look for the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooler days for us this week, it makes life pleasant :)


    ดูหนังผี

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.