Sunday, 23 October 2016

Ancient Britains




I have been doing a lot of family history recently.  I also had my d.n.a. analysed through 23andme.com, which gave me some fascinating results.

One of the things I discovered was my maternal haplogroup, which is X2b4. This follows down the female line so I got it from my mother who got it from her mother who got it from her mother etc. My three sons will all have X2b4, but their children will not.  They will have the haplogroup of their own mother.

You can read about haplogroups here.

I discovered that the haplogroup X2b4 is very rare yet widespread and where it is found in abundance is in the Orkney Islands in the north of Scotland. It seems that ancient people of that haplogroup travelled to far flung places like the Orkneys, Nova Scotia (the Miq Maq's), but they originate from the Levant, Syria and particularly amongst the Druze community in Israel.

If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to get your d.n.a. tested.  You never know what you will find.



Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post and have thought about a DNA test. Unfortunately, what's available here isn't all that concrete so best to take with a grain of salt. Again, interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ankara'nın en iyi broşür dağıtım şirketi olan
    ankara broşür dağıtım hizmette
    sinir tanimiyor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ancient History has always been fascinating

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.