Pages

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

We have a new Prime Minister


My goodness! What a lot has happened over here since I last blogged on here. As of tomorrow (Wednesday), we will have a new Prime Minister, Theresa May. She has lots of experience and will be a wonderful Prime Minister, I'm sure (I hope). Her main opponent was Andrea Leadsom, but her lack of experience at the top went against her and Theresa May had more support.  Larry was amazed at how quickly things happen over here and wished it could be the same in America. I said we always took our time to deliberate, but once the decisions were made, we moved fast.

I have been following the political events closely and blogged about it here, if you care to look.

The new blogs are through a different Google Account, which was purely unintentional. Somehow I ended up in a different place. Google is attempting to rule the world, I think and I have found all sorts of interesting corridors to wander down.

I have been fascinated by all things political, right from the referendum to now and the interest will continue into the future as we negotiate better deals for our country and more openness with the rest of the world. I voted Leave because I felt that belonging to the European Union was far too restrictive for our country. We need to be free again. The future depends on our negotiators!

I also have a new gardening blog. You can check that out here.

If you haven't already, I recommend you check out Google+. It's a big daunting at first, but very interesting nevertheless.

Star


3 comments:

  1. I watched her introduction on the BBC evening news last night, and was most impressed !
    She seems to be a well-qualified, and well-respected lady, and think she will be strong for the country.
    Off to check out your new blog now :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jo, she was the most popular choice.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.