Sunday, 27 September 2015
Finally I called up Microsoft and asked for help. After nearly three hours with a technician, they said they would elevate the call to Level 2 and call me back the next day.
Next day came and I got the call back. The technician thought the User Account had become corrupted and so he installed a new one, transferred all my files over and then deleted the old one. That was yesterday and so far, so good.
I have decided that in future I will not update Windows until I get a new computer with the newer version on it.
Windows 10 is not much different to Windows 8 as far as I can see but then again, I don't use all the facilities on it. These days my use of the computer has diminished a lot.
There has been an issue with Sony laptop computers. I thought for a while that that was the trouble and I would have to wait for a fix (promised in October) but it turned out that was not the problem after all.
Now I have to reset lots of things in my new User Account.
If I was starting out afresh at a younger age I would try to afford an Apple Computer. Larry has one and his is six years old and whilst a little slow, it is still working well and he doesn't seem to get nearly as many problems as I've had with Microsoft. I could go on and on but those of you who already have a PC will know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure.