Sunday, 27 September 2015

Infuriating hold ups

Over the last couple of weeks or so I've had computer problems. I installed Windows 10 and all went well for a couple of days and then Bam! it stopped working properly and try as I might, I could not find a solution. I decided to restore back to Windows 8 but found I couldn't do that either because my 'Settings' had gone!!

Finally I called up Microsoft and asked for help. After nearly three hours with a technician, they said they would elevate the call to Level 2 and call me back the next day.

Next day came and I got the call back. The technician thought the User Account had become corrupted and so he installed a new one, transferred all my files over and then deleted the old one. That was yesterday and so far, so good.

I have decided that in future I will not update Windows until I get a new computer with the newer version on it.

Windows 10 is not much different to Windows 8 as far as I can see but then again, I don't use all the facilities on it. These days my use of the computer has diminished a lot.

There has been an issue with Sony laptop computers. I thought for a while that that was the trouble and I would have to wait for a fix (promised in October) but it turned out that was not the problem after all.

Now I have to reset lots of things in my new User Account.

If I was starting out afresh at a younger age I would try to afford an Apple Computer. Larry has one and his is six years old and whilst a little slow, it is still working well and he doesn't seem to get nearly as many problems as I've had with Microsoft. I could go on and on but those of you who already have a PC will know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure.

Star

3 comments:

  1. As you know, I am an Apple person so I can't commiserate. Once I retired we had to do all the upkeep ourselves, and as you know that can be problematic with Windows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you're right Djan. Windows has been going downhill for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been holding off on installing 10 -- this convinces me to hold off a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.