Pages

Monday, 18 March 2013

Time for frogs and decorating...


Frog 35

It will soon be time for frogs.  Can you see the little one in the middle of this picture? He's just alighting on the lily pad.

It's also time for Spring cleaning and here in the cottage - decorating. It's time to do the dining room and give it a little spruce up.  I took the curtains to the dry cleaners today and was horrified to find that I had to pay £22 to have them cleaned and wait ten days as well! Things have changed since my youth! It's still cheaper than buying new but only just, I feel. They are long curtains, not quite reaching to the floor and a lovely warm shade of red, just right for winter nights. I'm sure they will look a whole lot better when they come back...

So this morning J got up bright and early and started painting the ceiling in the dining room.  It looks a lot brighter already, but with the window open to let out the fumes, it soon got cold so after lunch we disappeared into the back of the cottage and closed the door on the morning room to watch 'The Lady Vanishes', a new production, which was quite enjoyable although not as good as the original nor the remake with Elliott Gould.

Unfortunately, once you start decorating, all sorts of other things seem to look wrong. The lampshades need changing, the carpet needs cleaning and we need a new bookcase because my grandson is heavy footed and I'm afraid the one we've got may fall on top of him. To prevent that happening for the moment, we've put the dining table in front of it, but that is only a temporary measure.

Here's another frog picture:

Frog 1

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I know all about the decorating challenge ! My daughter has just bought a little farmette, with an older home which all needs painting and decorating, I spent the entire weekend helping, the more we changed, the more needed changing :)
    Love those frogs, each year we have them return to the pond, and then vanish like magic.
    Dry cleaning IS so expensive, if I'm able, I like to fluff the articles in the dryer with one of those nice perfumed dryer sheets.
    Your ahead of me !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the decorating it can get quiteout of hand if you let it!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this and the fantastic photos. Frogspawn, tadpoles and frogs in ponds - all bring back beautiful childhood memories growing up in the north of Ireland with lots of roaming freedom. I wonder how much wonder has been lost now in the 21st century by keeping our kids couped up like battery hens! Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice respond in return of this matter with firm arguments and describing everything
    on the topic of that.

    Stop by my web page - オークリー

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out.
    Please let me know where you got your theme. With thanks

    Feel free to surf to my website: レイバン

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for any other fantastic post. Where else may
    anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal
    manner of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am on the search for such info.

    Also visit my web site; アバクロンビー

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the admin of this web page is truly working hard in favor of his web
    page, since here every data is quality based stuff.


    my homepage: prada バッグ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so
    I came to take a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and
    will be tweeting this to my followers! Superb blog and terrific style and design.


    Here is my blog monster ヘッドホン

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in
    accession capital to assert that I acquire in
    fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement
    you access consistently quickly.

    My web site - prada バッグ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I
    was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had
    problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    my homepage: /blog/4576486269

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for finally talking about > "Time for frogs and decorating..." < Liked it!

    Also visit my homepage :: モンスタービーツ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good day! I could have sworn I've visited your blog before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it's new to
    me. Regardless, I'm certainly happy I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back often!


    Also visit my web page :: http://www.optilab.com/member/119255/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.