Pages

Monday, 5 November 2012

Upgrading computers


The picture above shows my American cat, Millie. You can just about see her.  She's on the top floor of the apartment block opposite, peeking out from under the railing.  Obviously she is not afraid of heights! Brave isn't she!

When I logged on to this Blog this morning, I noticed that there was a different background picture.  Why, who knows? I didn't put it there.  I have now changed it back to what I thought was there in the first place. Do any of you have that problem?

I have also tried to change my profile picture to something more up to date, but so far it won't let me. Some days I can post pictures on here, some days I can't.  Most odd. I have not upgraded yet but I think I might do so soonish. I feel more comfortable over here than on Wordpress and it's hard to say why really.  It could have something to do with the backgrounds over there.  They are very 'professional' sort of, if you know what I mean.  They are more for photographers and chefs and business people.  Perhaps over here is more homely and friendly?  Perhaps it's me.

I am currently looking into upgrading the R.A.M on my laptop PC. I made enquiries this morning about upgrading through my CoverPlan with Mastercare and I was told that  it was covered but I would have to take the computer into my local PC World Store, which luckily is not too far away.  I was given the telephone number of the clinic (for PC's), but when I tried to ring it, no-one answered.  Perhaps they don't work on Mondays? I'll try again later and maybe get some joy.

I can't say I'm looking forward to being without it but hopefully it won't be for too long and I do have an (unreliable) spare laptop.  However, it will need to do so many updates that I probably won't be able to use it for three days!

I currently have 2 GB's of R.A.M. and I'm hoping to double it.  What do you people have on yours? and what are your experiences of upgrading?

Happy Monday,

Star

6 comments:

  1. I have 4 GB on my MacBook Air and it's enough. My hubby always insists on getting the maximum amount on any machine we buy because you can never have too much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D-Jan - my computer is two years old and came with 2GBs of RAM. That was ok then, but now it's not enough, apparently. I have a Mastercare Coverplan, which I was told would cover the upgrade because the lack of RAM is causing the computer not to function properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ask such hard questions. I'm computer ignorant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the upgrade go? I know it is a little difficult to be away from your precious laptop, even for a short period. But I think it is for the best, especially when your PC needs some care and attention. Once the upgrade is done, your PC will function like a brand new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upgrading your laptop is a great thing since it will absolutely work better than before. It will really be helpful to you especially when you need to run so many applications at once. It will also allow you to move and copy files faster.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.