Saturday, 24 November 2012

My visit to Bristol


I've been away this week - to Bristol in the west country, to visit my eldest son, Rob and his partner Kelly. That's me with Rob when he was a tiny baby.  Well, not so tiny actually. He was 8lbs 8ozs at birth and is a healthy 6 ft. 4 inches now! The picture was taken in the summer of 1974.

Little was I to know that the weather would be appalling whilst I was there, with persistent rain and flooding. Luckily their house is near the top of a hill so I kept my feet fairly dry, but by day three Rob didn't have a dry pair of shoes left to take him to work.

It was very nice to visit them for a few days and see life going on in a different place.  Bristol is a fascinating place, but this time I didn't see much of it. I only had one coat and a pair of suede boots with me so I couldn't risk a drenching.  We are very used to rain over here and lots of wind because it is an island, but I felt like a bit of pampering.

So now I'm back, I have a bit of catching up to do.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day with family and friends and a good Christmas to follow. Like me you're probably up to your neck in the preparations already!


Post a Comment