Wednesday, 22 December 2010

It's still so cold!

During the cold spell I've been busy decorating the kitchen. It's now 3/4 done regarding the painting of the walls.  I still need to do the wall behind the fridge/freezer, but that can wait til after Christmas now. At least it looks reasonable for the festivities.  I had to take off the paper, which had become very crisp and a fire hazard but that's done now and to spruce it up quickly, I've slapped some good old Magnolia emulsion paint on the walls.  As in all things, the preparation is what took the time.

I still have gloss painting to do and various other projects in there but I'm happy with it for the time being and it has kept me warm.

Here is a picture of 'the Ghost' who I think is a stray.  He comes into my house every night for warmth and shares the food bowl much to the disgust of Patch! Can you see why I call him 'The Ghost'?

This is the snow we got the other day, Saturday - 6 inches in 90 minutes, I'm told.

I'm glad I did that fence!




The car soon disappeared.


How are you managing to keep warm?

7 comments:

  1. Hello Star,
    So funny, I just wrote a comment on your other post, and now I saw you wrote a new post so here I am again.....great pictures of the snow...it's very much I see. Here lies some snow too....I love the sight of it, but not when I must go outside.
    Wish you a great day,
    Hugs Ester

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree if in doubt just paint it magnolia, it goes with everything. Well it looks as though you may be having a White Christmas as well?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I arrived here in Boulder and there isn't a flake of snow anywhere, and then I see in the news that you are inundated. Those pictures are so beautiful, though, Star. I think your new kitchen looks lovely, even if not quite all finished as you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes D-Jan, we are getting more snow than usual this winter and it started early too. The airports have been struggling to keep open as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Star...yet another BIG snow, I can only think the weather there in England has changed dramatically in the last ten years.
    When I was a young girl, we hardly ever saw snow, now it seems it hits every winter.
    Your kitchen looks grand, and you've almost got it finished !
    Wishing you and yours all the blessings of Christmas, the first with your new granchild Dylan, it will be magical :)
    Hugs,
    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no concept of living with snow, but it is so magical and pretty!
    Kitchen looks lovely and fresh too.

    Merry Christmas to you, Oma Star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, you all are having a lot of snow! Glad you're not trying to travel just now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.