Pages

Friday, 24 December 2010

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve always goes by very quickly doesn't it and in a way it is the best time.  The anticipation is magical. Everything is ready and waiting, well nearly...

I still have mince pies to make and sausage rolls. This is the afternoon I do my baking. When the pastry is cooking in the oven, I shall make some chestnut stuffing for the turkey. Tomorrow we are having ham with a cheese sauce.  The turkey is waiting til Sunday.  At the moment they are both in the shed - my refrigerator is full!

 I finished the shopping yesterday in the snow and the ice - very seasonal. Tomorrow the smiles on their faces will tell me if I've been successful in my choices or not.

I always think that Christmas starts for real at 5 o'clock on Christmas Eve.  By then it is dark, people have got where they're going, the food is cooked and a feeling of calm descends on the household and the street.

So, I'd like to wish all my readers a very Happy Christmas and a big thank you for following me during 2010.

Remember it's not the amount of money you spend but the amount of love you give that makes Christmas so very special so let's all have a l-o-v-e-l-y time!

I hope you get what you wish for tomorrow and I shall look forward to popping in to your Blogs to see how you're getting on over the Christmas season.

Star

9 comments:

  1. I love the feeling you conjure up with the feeling of calm descends upon the house.... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right; sometimes the anticipation is the best part. Are you going to be able to spend part of your Christmas with Dylan? That would be fairly magical. I love the visual of shopping in the snow; it seems so very Christmas like.

    This is the first year my daughter kind of knows what's going on so there's an air of excitement that we haven't had before. I am looking forward to tonight after the kids go to bed and it's time to put their toys together and set them out (Santa doesn't wrap presents in our house). For me, Christmas is synonymous with family. I will wallow in spending time with them today and tomorrow!

    Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, Star. You have captured the sense of wonder about the holiday that is missing for many who have been overworked to the point of stress. I'm wishing you the very best for the season, and I also am so glad we are friends. You are part of my community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Star,
    I want to wish you and your family a merry christmas and a verry happy and loving 2011,
    Hugs Ester

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely day, your cooking sounds scrummy.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Star, to you and yours. It's calm here and I'm catching up, a bit, on blog visiting. We're having a quiet evening and tomorrow, God and weather willing, family will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope Santa was good to you and I hope you enjoy the rest of Christmas Day.

    I made a ham the other day as well, but we're having turkey today.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.