Sunday, 7 November 2010

Emily and Patch



Here is my cat, Patch and my doll, Emily.  I think they're feeling a little jealous of the new baby, Dylan, so they have decided to console each other with cuddles.

Now, usually I put the doll on my pillow to stop Patch sitting on it! but I forgot - she noticed and sat on it!

That'll teach me to let my guard down, won't it.

Now, I'll have to change the pillow case, won't I?

You may have noticed the tear out of Patch's right ear in the picture?  She was set upon by a much larger cat in the summer.  He/she left her with a large piece of her ear hanging off, which required surgery.  She was very brave about it  but it has left her with a permanent gap in her ear now.

Recently she has been visited on a regular basis by another large male cat that I call The Ghost.  For some time Patch's food had been disappearing overnight mysteriously.  I usually leave her some cat biscuits in case she gets hungry in the night but every morning they were gone so I knew that I had a visitor.

The other morning, I came down to make myself a cup of tea and in the dark I could see a ghostly shape at the top of the garden path.  It was a cat and it was almost all white.  Since then I have called him The Ghost because he has a ghostly look about him and it was Halloween after all.  Now I know he is not a spirit cat because he eats all the food I put down.  I also know that if I stop putting the food down, Patch will waken me each morning at 4 a.m. and I won't get enough sleep.

It's a busy life with pets, isn't it.

Here I'm blowing a kiss to Millie, my American cat.  If she is reading this, she will be putting her nose in the air and thinking that Patch should see off The Ghost.  But Patch is not like you, Millie.  You see, she is much more timid and half the size, O.K.?

Have a great week everyone.

Blessings, Star

7 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous little black beauty!

    I'd suggest not putting any food overnight and let Patch wake you up early morning - OR you can bring Millie to the UK - for a (permanent) holiday and then Patch and Millie will scare off The Ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid the only way to change the 'Ghost's' habit of visiting and fighting with poor Patch is to remove Millie's biscuits overnight.
    Same with the possum who kept visiting, I finally took away the overnight buffet and they are no more.
    She's a lovely kitty !
    Hope you are enjoying being a grandma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the ear thing adds to her allure, not detract! And what a beautiful kitty she is, along with the doll. I am glad you're feeding the ghost kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, pets are very much like children in that they often need things at the most inconvenient times! It's nice that these two are comforting one another. Patch is beautiful; I'm partial to black cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little picture. You are kind to put the food out for The Ghost to be able to share. So many animals are being abandoned these days.

    Your grandson is soooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly is as bad, why lie on a hard surface when a soft surface is around!! As for pet hair, we all know about that!!!

    Great photo,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patch is rather piratical with that ragged ear!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Please don't be shy.